Dental Implants Stratford, CT
Dental implants allow patients who undergo oral surgery to enjoy a more comfortable and functional bite after losing their natural teeth. Implants act as artificial roots to anchor permanent teeth replacements. Dental replacements can be a great option to restore your smile if you are missing one or more teeth or need to have one extracted.
Dental implants are available at Premier Oral Surgery & Implantology Center in Stratford and the surrounding area. Dental implants can benefit people who want a tooth replacement option that closely imitates natural teeth. They can be an effective long-term solution for missing teeth. Call our oral surgeon and team at (203) 760-0190 to learn more about this service and set up an appointment.
The Dental Implant Process
Dental implants act as artificial tooth roots to support new replacement teeth. During the procedure, the oral surgeon will make an incision in the patient’s gum to expose the bone where the implant will be placed. We will then insert the implant and suture the gum around the implant post. In some cases, a temporary denture is used instead of replacement teeth.
Following the surgery, the bone needs to heal around the dental implant. This process can take several weeks or months. Once it is sufficiently strong, an oral surgeon can fit the permanent replacement teeth. According to the Mayo Clinic, some extra steps may be necessary. Some patients with weak jawbones may need a bone graft to ensure sufficient strength. After the bone has healed, an abutment connects a crown or dentures to the dental implant.
“Dental implants act as artificial tooth roots to support new replacement teeth.”
How To Care for Dental Implants
Caring for dental implants is similar to caring for natural teeth, especially if the replacement teeth are permanent. Brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash are all necessary for maintaining proper oral hygiene with implants. Regular checkups and teeth cleanings are important for taking care of replacement teeth.
Dental implants may require extra cleaning to keep them in optimal condition. Removable, implant-supported dentures should be taken out at night and soaked in a denture solution. Patients can also use an oral irrigator to help clean below and around the dental implants. Our oral surgeon will go over effective care methods during a consultation.
“Brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash are all necessary for maintaining proper oral hygiene with implants.”
What To Expect After the Procedure
Following the procedure, it is common to have swelling and discomfort around the implantation site. In addition, some patients may experience minor bleeding and bruising of the skin and gums in the treatment area. These side effects can be managed with pain medication and antibiotics if necessary. Patients can expect such side effects to subside after a few days.
After receiving dental implants, it is best to stick to eating soft foods while the bone heals. Most dental implant procedures use dissolvable stitches, so patients will not have to come back to get them removed. These stitches will usually fall out within seven to 10 days. Following the aftercare instructions and advice from our oral surgeon will help the healing process.
“After receiving dental implants, it is best to stick to eating soft foods while the bone heals.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Implants in Stratford, CT
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants can be a good choice for many patients with missing teeth. Dental implants allow new teeth to feel, look, and function naturally. Here are some key benefits of dental implants:
- Comfortable: Dental implants act as tooth roots and stay firmly in place. This firm foundation makes them more comfortable than dentures and other replacement tooth options. Many patients report that implants feel similar to their natural teeth.
- Functional: The stability of implants makes them effective for eating, talking, and cleaning. They function similarly to the teeth they are replacing. Less permanent options may interfere more with daily life.
- Permanent: Dental implants are one of the most permanent tooth replacement options. They can last a lifetime with good care. Additionally, fixed replacement teeth on implants do not need to be removed every day for cleaning.
- Natural-looking: Implant-supported replacement teeth look like natural teeth. The visible part of the dental implant is a cosmetic crown made from a composite material that is color-matched to the patient’s tooth enamel. It can be hard to tell the difference. Many patients enjoy dental implants’ aesthetic appeal, as others cannot distinguish between replacement and natural teeth.
Dental implants and their benefits vary depending on each individual’s unique case and reason for the procedure. The oral surgeon or a member of our team can discuss benefits related to a patient’s condition and how it may enhance their long-term oral health.
“Dental implants allow new teeth to feel, look, and function naturally.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I know if I am a candidate for dental implants?
A. In general, many patients can consider receiving dental implants. However, weak or unsubstantial jawbone mass may limit whether a patient can receive implants. Restorative procedures like bone grafting can overcome this issue in some cases. Our oral surgeon can determine whether a patient is a candidate during an exam and consultation.
Q. What is the success rate of dental implants?
A. According to the Cleveland Clinic, dental implants have a success rate of up to 97%. Furthermore, they can last a lifetime with proper care. Dental implants are one of the most permanent solutions for missing teeth.
Q. How much do dental implants cost?
A. The cost of dental implants will vary depending on the patient’s needs, bone quantity, and the treatment area. Dental implants may qualify for some insurance coverage, but situations will vary. People interested in receiving this procedure should contact their insurance provider and receive a consultation to learn more about the cost. Our oral surgeon can go over these details and the dental implant process during a consultation appointment.
Q. Are dental implants removable?
A. The dental implant is permanent. The replacement teeth that sit on them can be fixed or removable. Fixed dentures are the preferred option for many patients due to their stability and comfort.
Q. Do I need full dentures to get implants?
A. No, implants may support one or more replacement teeth. Some patients receive partial dentures with multiple teeth, while others receive a full arch of teeth. Dental implants are a flexible solution for each patient’s needs.
Start Feeling Better – Visit Us Today
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Call Us To Learn More About Dental Implants
Dental implants closely imitate the form and function of natural teeth. If you are missing teeth, this may be the solution for you. Call 203-760-0190 to set up an appointment at Premier Oral Surgery & Implantology Center or to learn more about this procedure.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2023
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2023
- American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics. American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics. 2023
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. 2023
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2023
- National Cancer Institute (NCI). National Cancer Institute (NCI). 2023
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2023
About our business and website security
- Premier Oral Surgery & Implantology Center was established in 2018.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Fairfield County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Stratford, Bridgeport, Milford, Trumbull, Orange, Fairfield, Easton, and Shelton
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a bit of a mystery for those individuals who have never received more than a cavity filling. If you are scheduled to receive dental implants, make sure to understand the truth about the procedure and implants to set yourself up for success.Unfortunately, sometimes patients who need implants do not proceed with the…
People with large gaps from missing teeth can often benefit greatly from dental implants. A dentist may suggest implants for patients who seem to struggle with personal appearance, speaking, or chewing and eating. While there are other avenues to pursue for replacing missing teeth, this type of dental procedure can work well for patients who…
Missing or damaged teeth can impact people’s smiles and overall dental health, especially if the affected teeth cause pain or become infected, but dental implants can replace these teeth and eliminate certain oral health issues. Before patients seek out this procedure, it can be important to understand how anesthesia may be used to avoid any…
Explore additional topics covered on our website:
Call Us Today
Scan here to call Premier Oral Surgery & Implantology Center on mobile